Enrichment for schools and after-school programs
About Adams County 4-H Enrichment Programs
Check out the programs and their descriptions below. We are not limited to the programs listed below; if your school or youth have a specific need to fill, we can develop curriculum that meets that need!
- Chemistry – Explore the nature of matter and changes while performing exciting experiments.
- Electricity – Build and explore electric circuits and learn about energy conversion and transfer.
- Rocketry – Design and build rockets while learning about air flow, pressure, and balance.
- Wind – Engage in engineering practices such as designing and troubleshooting as you build pinwheels to accomplish a task.
- Robotics – Employ the engineering design process to build robots using LEGO EV3 technology.
- Embryology – Gain an intimate understanding of embryonic development as you observe fertilized chicken eggs developing into chicks in your group’s personal incubator. The exciting culmination of this popular program is the chicks hatching!
- The Three Sisters: Corn, beans, squash – Explore seed structure, germination, and plant growth through the cultural lens of a traditional crop of many Native American tribes.
- Meet the Creatures – Ask and answer questions about mealworm behavior using the scientific method.
To find out more about our enrichment programs, contact Liz Werner at 303-637-8107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
National Western School Visits
Registration for the 2024 National Western Stock Show is now open!